Jim James Readies Debut Solo Album
Possible Release Next February
My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James has revealed that he makes plans to release his debut solo sometime next year. According to an interview with Rolling Stone James says, "It's done. I think it's gonna come out in early February of next year. I think people who are fans of My Morning Jacket will obviously recognize some things on there, my voice and stuff like that. It's got some mellow stuff on there, but it's also got some really different stuff. I'm really proud of it. I think it's got some different soundscapes that I've been into that maybe have been hidden on some Jacket records."
According to James when it comes time to tour behind the new material, he says he hopes to recruit people from his musical past. "I'm getting back together with friends I haven't played with in a long time, from home," says James. "It's very exciting."
My Morning Jacket are still in the midst of an extensive tour throughout Europe, and are scheduled to return to states by mid-July, sharing a bill with Band of Horses starting in August.
- Watch: Passion Pit Performs “Take A Walk” on Debut Episode of “Culinary Beats” (News) — Passion Pit
- Watch: Teaser Trailer for “Doctor Who” Christmas Special (News) — Doctor Who
- LCD Soundsystem to Release Live Album (News) — LCD Soundsystem
- Higgins Waterproof Black Magic Band EP (Review) — Higgins Waterproof Black Magic Band
- Watch: Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - “Ain’t No Chimneys In The Projects” Video (News) — Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings