S.C.U.M – Under the Radar’s Great Escape Stage Spotlight
Great Escape Stage is Thursday, May 10 Psychosocial Basement, Brighton, England
On Thursday, May 10, Under the Radar is hosting a stage at Brighton, England’s Great Escape festival (which is like a European SXSW). Leading up to the event we're letting you know about each artist playing. Today we're spotlighting headliner S.C.U.M.
In a previous post we gave you the basic party details of the event. The Under the Radar stage takes place Thursday, May 10 from 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM at Psychosocial Basement (1-2 Morley St., Brighton, BN2 9RA, England). In addition to S.C.U.M, the event also features Hundreds, Man Without Country, Sunless ’97, and Weird Dreams. Trust is also set to headline.
S.C.U.M’s ethos seemingly stems from another era. The reverb-friendly group brings you a heavy helping of 1990s shoegaze, dusted with the glam posturing seemingly borrowed from David Bowie’s more adventurous phases. Check out our thoughts on the band’s debut album Again Into Eyes here, or sample a variety of audio and video options below.
- Video: Thao & The Get Down Stay Down – “Holy Roller” Video (News) — Thao with the Get Down Stay Down
- Watch: Generationals – “Spinoza” Video (News) — Generationals
- Watch: Primavera Sound Festival Live Stream (News) —
- Daft Punk Gets a Racecar, Remixes Themselves (News) — Daft Punk
- Morrissey Takes a Stand Against Foie Gras (News) — Morrissey